This May was all about celebrating: Digital Shoreditch Festival saw our neck of the woods come to life in celebration of all things technology and digital related, whilst Clerkenwell Design Week was just around the corner, gathering all the best creatives from within the design world into one place to highlight and discuss all the seriously cool developments that have happened – and continue to happen – within their industry. Meanwhile, we were celebrating a(nother) TV appearance, keeping ourselves busy rubbing shoulders with the fashion elite at the WGSN Fashion Awards, before knocking off for a well deserved Bank holiday.
- Catch our roundup of our Digital Shoreditch event, Evolving Realities here
- We were on Ginx TV! Watch our segment here
- Read our case study on our PixelGlass Transparent Display at the WGSN Global Fashion Awards 2015
- Our Managing Director, Simon Dutton, spoke to Installation about VR and future technologies
Elsewhere in the techverse…
- 3D printing used to develop a life-saving treatment for a rare pediatric disease
- ‘Here’s how you build an augmented reality game for HoloLens’
- Could the lack of immersion actually work in HoloLens’ favour?
- It’s official: The consumer-ready Oculus Rift is due out in the first quarter of 2016
- “Augmented reality might fix our posture, social lives”
- The oil and gas industry is the next field to embrace 3D printing, so they say
- Our neighbours upstairs, The Drum, think that AR will need to prove its usefulness before it’s truly adopted by the mainstream
- Discovery is launching a virtual reality arm
- Step inside a Van Gogh painting
- Computational hydrographic printing is a thing and it’s really cool
- L’Oreal has teamed with Organovo to produce 3D printed human skin samples
- Is Google upgrading the Cardboard?
- Dior launch backstage VR experience