Oftentimes it’s quite inspiring seeing the sheer creativity and ingenuity humans are sometimes capable of. Whether it’s producing a futuristic, virtual, out-of-this-world fashion show, 3D printing a wedding ring literally from out of this world, pioneering ‘virtual reality journalism’ that lets you experience the news or inventing a fabric that requires 3D glasses to see it properly.
Other times it’s cool knowing someone out there is developing a machine that lets you print in Nutella.
Either way, humans can be pretty cool sometimes.
- We decided to have a bit of fun (and get out of work for a few minutes) to take you on a video tour of our demo studio. Meet the team and see how good our acting is:
- Virtual reality was a key talking point at the IFA2014 tech conference in Berlin
- “Casual VR: Inside Oculus and Samsung’s mobile virtual world”
- 3D printing has helped to restore an iconic Frank Lloyd Wright building in Florida
- Samsung Gear VR vs. Oculus Rift: trading ‘presence’ for ‘untethered’ virtual reality
- To celebrate the launch of the latest season of The Voice, NBC have developed a virtual reality experience which puts you right alongside the judges
- Despite a few false starts, could 2014 be the year virtual reality takes off.. for real?
- Another interview with Nonny de la Peña, pioneer of virtual reality journalism, who has some very cool ideas on the future of the medium
- So, why did Facebook help Samsung build their virtual reality headset?
- These patents reveal that virtual reality could be the future of in-flight entertainment
- Sources indicate Oculus might be rolling out their Rift ‘Public Beta’ by Summer 2015
- Jones Lang LaSalle are launching an augmented reality experience to help entice buyers
- Panasonic have some cool ideas for the ‘future home’ including an augmented reality mirror to “prettify” oneself
- Vogue ingeniously 3D printed supermodel Karlie Kloss and took her 50 or so miniatures on a 22-country photoshoot
- Want to know where the 3D printed food market currently stands? Now you know
- 3D Fashion: see the world’s first open source 3D printed dress
- A man 3D printed a wedding ring for his future wife but, rather than a diamond, the centerpiece is a piece of rock from the moon
- A volunteer from group, Enabling the Future, has 3D printed a prosthetic hand for a child which include Wolverine’s claws
- Motherboard’s Vicki Turk covers all the weird and wonderful things currently being 3D printed
- In China, a giant 3D printer is currently printing “10 houses in 24 hours”
- In an amazing medical breakthrough, a man whose skull was partially crushed in an accident, is having a prosthetic made using 3D printing
- Police in Japan are hoping 3D printing the crime scene from a 1996 cold case could help uncover further insight
- “3D shoes are a step in the right direction” claims Huffinington Post, using their best shoe pun
- This is what a 3D printed earthquake looks like, in case you found yourself wondering
- New York Fashion Week kicked off with some very interesting conceptual designs including the stereoscopic fabric designs from Rebecca Minkhoff which required the use of 3D glasses
- Reminiscent of our own project with him, designer Gareth Pugh has kicked off his New York Fashion Week appearance with an incredible show