Vuzix Wrap™ 920AR HMD with Autodesk® maxReality plug-in
“The Wrap™ 920AR by Vuzix is a great entry level HMD for video AR applications.” Jeff Ferguson, Immersive Technologies Consultant.
The Wrap™ 920AR augmented reality eyewear and maxReality™ plug-in for Autodesk® 3ds Max® empower you to turn your desktop into a “HOLO-Deck”.
The Wrap™ 920AR augmented reality eyewear bridges the gap between digital media and the real world, enabling the exciting new world of augmented reality.
Imagine looking at an object and seeing a data balloon hovering above with information automatically downloaded from the Internet. Imagine playing a game where the game characters appeared, in 3D, right in your living room. Or, imagine demonstrating a new product with its 3D image floating above your boardroom table where you can spin it around and allow customers to see it in a 360-degree view from any angle. These are all augmented reality applications that can be created today using the Vuzix Wrap 920AR augmented reality system.
Augmented reality is a new paradigm in how we use computers and access the world of digital media. The Wrap 920AR is the first near-eye display to both capture and display images in either 2D or 3D, ushering in a wave of new games and applications in ways previously only dreamed of or watched in movies.
maxReality™ is an optional Autodesk® 3ds Max® plugin that allows you to launch an augmented reality interactive 3D experience of your 3D model right onto your desk, with the click of a button.
Combined, Vuzix Wrap 920 AR glasses and maxReality become a virtual “HOLO-Deck” on your desktop. With the click of the mouse, you can launch an interactive view of your 3D Studio Max and 3D Studio Viz model, in stereoscopic 3D. Whether you are a 3D Modeler or Architect, it is now possible to interact and experience your models in the real world and in real time.
maxReality supports many standard 3D Studio Max features including; Animation, Texture Mapping, Pixel Shading, Lighting, Morphing and more. Advanced features like; Animated Path and Free Cameras Environment Effects, Portals within or to external models, Triggered Animations, Blue screening, and 3D Sounds are also supported.
- Twin high-resolution 640 x 480 LCD displays
- Equivalent to a 67-inch screen as viewed from ten feet (approximately 3 m)
- 60 Hz progressive scan update rate
- Ultra-low video distortion
- 31-degree diagonal field of view
- 24-bit true color (16 million colors)
- Independent +2 to -5 diopter focus adjustment
- Two discrete VGA (640 x 480) video cameras
- 30 frames per second video capture at 640 x 480
- USB video camera – no proprietary drivers required
- 6-degree of freedom tracker – yaw, pitch, roll, and x, y and z values
- 3-axes magneto-resistive sensors
- 3-axes accelerometers
- 3-axis gyros
- Auto re-centering to adjust from drift
- Includes tracker and gyro calibration software
- Tracker, approximately 30 x 10 x 15 millimeters
- includes Deluxe Carry Case
- Includes Wrap VGA Adapter
- Connects to VGA port
- Includes VGA to DVI video port adapter
- Works with all Windows dual monitor compatible video card, all brands
- Supports 1024 x 768 resolution display settings